What are the benefits of planting a cedar hedge?
Aesthetically pleasing and sound absorbing, the cedar hedge is one of the best ways to maintain your privacy.
We exclusively plant Class A Cedars ensuring a strong recovery and rapid growth. From the moment the Cedar hedge is planted you can enjoy it’s beauty and effectiveness without waiting for it to grow. We can install cedar hedges up to a size of 8′ however, we believe that to get the best quality/price ratio is 3′ to 4′ tall. We strongly recommend reserving a plantation date as soon as possible.
Did you know that in the residential neighborhoods, houses that do not have cedar hedges are often devalued when reselling?
What is included when I buy a cedar hedge?
Cedar hedges are sold by the linear foot of planted hedge. This price includes:
- The cedars themselves, delivered in sufficient quality to the desired length so they just touch one an other at the time of planting. Depending on the state of the cedars their number can vary slightly for any given length.
- De-sodding a sufficient width for the entire length of the hedge.
- Addition of peat moss to moisten soil (if necessary).
- Watering the cedars at the time of planting.
- Adding transplant fertilizer.
- Planting in the existing floor (adding potting soil, compost or mulch is possible with extras)
- Cleaning the surroundings and dispose of residues.
- 1 year warranty from the date of planting.
Be warned as freshly planted cedars are more sensitive to drought so it’s the customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate irrigation for the new hedge.
The video below shows a typical installation for cedar bare root. Note that we also install cedar grown in pots as they can be planted without machinery.